150 school children from 5 local schools took the opportunity to sail in WHSC on our “Schools Sailing” program. This was possible due a massive contribution from The WHSC Apprentices (eat your heart out LordSugar}
Recruited but never press-ganged from our Optimist and Topper fleets, they -no complaints- were present at the club each morning at 9am on school holidays ! We can learn a lot from their example and the future of the club is bright indeed!
The 2019 Apprentices: Eoin Bailey, Max Passberger, David Kelliher, Eoin O’Gradaigh, Laura Bolton, Joe Landers, Sinead O’Reilly, Meabh O’Gradaigh, Cian O’Reilly, Isabelle Passberger, Grace Kelliher and Matthew Quinlan.
:Some tasks undertaken
- Sorted and fitted our stock of club wet-suits and buoyancy aids including many donations from the recent club jumble sale !
- Launched boats and nurtured the school kids’ confidence to go out on some of the more challenging days
- Painted our spanking new Notice Board first used last week at Topper Training Day and Southern Championships
- Cleverly recycled an old menu board into a a badly needed new Tally Board for up to 82 competitors, also used at the Topper events.
- Sweeping, weeding, rubbish collection (our coffee cups!?)
- Individual labelling of the club Optimists foils and spars for the Junior courses
- ……and many more miscellaneous…..
A special acknowledgement is due to the tireless Fiona Passberger who supervised their activities !
Bualadh bas !