Four coaching sessions are offered on Saturday mornings during May for Optimist and Topper sailors. Objectives include (1) improved sailing skills and fun on the water and (2) preparation of sailors interested in competing at upcoming events such as:
- Topper Traveller, Wexford Harbour Tennis and Boat Club, May 12th
- Topper Ireland Training Day, Dunmore East, June 21st
- Topper Southern Championships, Dunmore East, June 22nd-23rd
- Optimist Leinster Championships, Malahide, June 15th-16th
- Optimist Munster Championships, Dunmore East, July 20th-21st
Considering the wind levels, sea state and temperature in May, it is necessary for safety and tuition quality purposes to limit places as follows:
- Topper sailors who are qualified to minimum ISA level 3 or ISA level 2 with sailing experience and / or racing experience.
- Competent Optimist sailors who are qualified to minimum Club ‘Cool Cadets’ or ISA level 1 with open sailing experience.
What: 1 – 2 hours on the water, 1 hour brief / debrief, boat storage
When: 10am – 1pm, May 4th,11th,18th & 25th
Cost: €80 payable in advance for members and associate members
Volunteer: RIBs, RIB drivers and on-the -water video operators required
Book: Contact Ben O’Sullivan 087 6866905 email@example.com
Notes: (1) Places are limited by coach and safety boat driver availability therefore first (qualified) come, first served. (2) Further coaching sessions for all levels are being planned for weekends in June. To be announced.