Next Scheduled – Try Sailing Tuesday 25th
Forecast ok, TRY SAILING set to proceed as planned . Any updates/changes will be posted here.
Open to ALL from Tuesday June 11th 2019
Waterford Harbour Sailing Club (Dunmore East) run an open try sailing evening at the start of the season on Tuesdays (June 11th, 18th, 25th, July 2nd) 18:30-21:30 in Dunmore East.
- You don’t need to be a club member
- You don’t need a boat
- You don’t need experience
Bookings will open on eventbrite soon where you can register. Adults €20, U18 €10.
We have 3 categories of sailing.
- Teen/Adult – dinghy sailing. This event will take place in a fleet of Wayfarer or similar dinghies.
- Child (13 and under) – dinghy sailing. This event will take place in a fleet of Optimist dinghies under the watchful eye of our trained instructors.
- Cruiser. For this event you join a small group to go out on a large sailing cruiser captained by one of our members. You will enjoy the delights of Waterford harbour from a new perspective.
On the evening you may let us know of your preference for crewing a dinghy or cruiser and we will do our best to facilitate you, however you may be allocated to either one.
Booking: Eventbrite registration
On the sea mother nature is mistress, the weather forecast will dictate your evenings plans. Please make sure to check the Latest section above before you travel in case of last minute cancellations.
Do always remember you are going to be on the sea, it’s often colder and windier than you expect, so bring more clothing than you think you need. You may get wet so always bring a change of clothes and a towel to dry off. We have excellent changing rooms at the club house, you can take a hot shower afterwards if you wish. The club will provide life jackets/buoyancy aids but clothing will NOT be provided (that includes wetsuits). Children, especially, need to keep warm a long wetsuit is best and a windcheater essential.
The club can advise you on what you will need to wear, especially if you want to try dinghy sailing. See our dinghy sailing introduction page for recommended dinghy wear.