National Powerboat Certificates
ISA Powerboat – Level 1
This course is an introduction to boating techniques including:
- Launching and recovering a boat from a road trailer.
- Everyday boat handling.
- The use of safety equipment.
ISA Powerboat – Level 2
This two day entry level course provides the skills and background knowledge needed to:
- Drive a powerboat, serving as the basis for the International Certificate of Competence.
- Handle a powerboat at low speed, close quarter manoeuvre & an introduction to man overboard recovery.
- Drive at planing speed and collision regulations.
ISA Powerboat – Safety Boat
This two day course provides the skills for:
- Acting as an escort craft.
- Safety boat or coach boat for a fleet of dinghies, windsurfers or canoes.
- Racing or training activities.
- Rescue techniques and elements of race management and mark laying.
We are now taking bookings for a national powerboat certificate. If you are interested in taking part in this course please call Gary on 086 2623727 to register your interest, or Book Here on South Coast Sailing.
The aim of this two day course is to develop the skills and knowledge that allow participants to safely and effectively skipper an open powerboat by day, on inland and coastal waters with which they are familiar.
The ISA recommends this Certificate as the minimum level of training/knowledge required before anyone uses a power boat on their own. In the majority of cases beginners would do this course and the Introduction to Powerboating as part of the same Two day course. The certificate can also be achieved through direct assessment by a Powerboat Instructor.