Dear member and website visitor,
Lot’s of events have been secured for 2019:
- Three new Safety RIBs have arrived and will be in action for “Sail and Run” on St. Patrick’s weekend. We’re also going to have a run up and down the river on March 23rd so that everyone has an opportunity to get used to them.
- The Inaugural Cork to Dunmore East SCORA (South Coast Offshore Racing Organisation) Race will take place
for the first time from Crosshaven to Dunmore. The race will be held over the June Bank Holiday weekend, June 1st to 3rd. 6 yachts from WHSC will travel to participate. This is a major repersentation for the club and we expect to have 20 to 25 boats participating. Many yachts participating at RCYC events will sail onward to
Dun Laoghaire for either the DunLaoighre-to-Dingle Race or the ICRA Cruiser National Championships.
- I hear on the grapevine that there will be a few new cruising yachts this summer and they will be looking for crew members so don’t hesitate to contact the Cruiser Captain to get involved.
- The Topper Southern Championship will be held on 22nd & 23rd June. This is a 2-day event with 3 races each day. 60 to 70 boats are expected to participate.
- The Optimist Munster Championships will be held on July 20th and 21st. Over 100 boats are expected to attend. There will be 3 races each day. For both these events we need to on the water in early May to give ourselves a fighting chance and be on the podium!!
- There will also be the usual:
- Family Sailing
- Adult Sailing lessons
- Cruiser Sailing and racing
- Laser and dinghy racing
- Junior sailing courses (lots and all levels)
- Social activities
The new membership software is up and running and members will be able to manage their membership from next year.
Look forward to meeting you all and seeing you on the water!!